Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Druggies, Hotties and Cadellio

Okay, better make my first blog memorable. Or at least not totally forgettable.

My blog won’t be only about cycling, The Schleckers, The Fabster, Cadellio and all the other random plebs. I’ll also mention other sports – cricket, AFL football, tennis, swimming, the Olympics in general, soccer… but only occasionally.

So mainly I’ll be putting my spin on the cycling world. This time around it’s Stefan “The Hotdog” Schumacher and his drugcheat ways. Oh yeah, and Piepoli too – who saw that one coming? It’s not like he’s bunkbuddies with Ricco Suavez or anything. Weird.

So, the Hotdog. What. A. Cheat. I could feel that one coming like a train wreck. As if he was good enough to beat The Fabster on his hometurf in the first place. Twice. And then, to make matters even more suss, he goes on to DB (that’s dog’s breakfast) in the Beijing Olympics, as if he’s never seen a timetrial before in his life. Well, he hadn’t – not without a body chock-full of EPO, anyhow. Too scared to cross the Beijing Dopers ey? He must’ve thought France was going soft. Well, wrongo. The cycling world’s better off without him, I say. Oh yeah, and Piepoli too.

Now for Frank. I wouldn’t have a clue what’s going on at the moment. But I’m sure he isn’t involved in all that EPO Fuentes Burillo pet dog friend swiss bank account cheating pullava. You get what I mean. I just don’t believe he’d do that to his brother, who adores him almost too much. Put Andy’s career in jeopardy? He couldn’t – he shouldn’t – he mustn’t – wouldn’t! (wow, had a Grinch moment there) So I hear Andy’s also taken the rest of the year off to recuperate from the emotional trials, because it must have been grueling for him too. Either that, or he saw the great opportunity to have three months worth of race-and-responsibility-free sleepovers with bruvvie Frank. And can you blame him?

Lastly – Cadel Evans. Cadellio. I see a lot of Cadellio-hate circulating in the blogspot world, and frankly I’m not comfortable with it. He’s a little Aussie battler who tried his arse off without a team 90% of the tour and 100% of the mountain stages, with a pucked body and certain CSC’ers playing puckups on certain mountains. And he only lost by less than a minute, and frankly, while Sastre displayed some impressive tactics, he didn’t put in the hardyards like Cadellio. And it helped that Sastre had a team to help him up mountains and keep him up mountains. Cadellio had no such luxury.

And so Cadellio’s got big eyebrows. And he headbutts cameramen. And he threatens people with decapitation. And he punches motorists. And he gives anyone close enough the stiff middle-finger salute. So what? Got to admit it sure makes the guy interesting.

9 comments:

Bridget said...

Yoooooo- I agree, the cycling world's better off without Schumi!
You're right about Frank- there is absolutely no way he would jeopardize Andy's career for his own personal gain.

On the AFL note- HEAVE HO FREO DOCKERS! :D :D

Rose said...

Heave ho Freo?
Mmmmm nah. WE'RE THE PRIDE OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, WE'RE THE MIGHTY ADELAIDE CROWS!

Yeah, sorry about that. Not like either of our teams did very well this season anyway. Though at least the Crows got in the top 8 ;).

Yeah the Hotdog had it coming. All drugcheats have it coming. I'm getting really sick of drugcheats in cycling, come to think of it. And if this new inquest into the Beijing Games uncovers more of them hiding under the banner of 'hopefully undetectably advanced version of EPO' then the world will be a better place. Just damn sick of them.

An unlikely survivor said...

I think that schumacher's big head was a dead give-away. That freakish noggin' had to be a symptom of the doping. As usual I have nothing to back that statement up.

I just linked you to my blog rose- Hope that's Hokay!

Keep up the good work- someone needs to keep us Cadel non-lovers in check. You can do so in a civilized fashion :)

I don't really hate Cadel- he's just sooo easy to make fun of.

Anonymous said...

Cadel (and Menchov too) needs to not get caught in the comfort of consistency. He needs to do what he did earlier in 2008: namely attack in races (rather than just "wheelsuck"), especially on the mountains, and use his new time trial position rather than the old that may have lost him (and Aussies) le Tour. It cannot be helped that he has not the "star" quality the Media covets, but he certainly has made his dog Molly famous.

Nic80 said...

I wanna go to the Schleck sleepovers!

Rose said...

Yeah, Maggie, I figured I was on my own on the Cadel front, the lone soldier on Army Evans, that kind of thing. So I thought I may as well do what I can for the little man with the big brow.

As for keeping you haters in check, I don't know if I'll have much luck there, but if I manage to expose some thread of respect for Cadel that may be lurking in you, then I'll be happy and consider my job done :D.

And yeah, no wuckers about the addy. I think I added you long ago ;). *checks* Yeah I did.

Sansenmag, you're right about Molly. That dog is a champion, not to mention a very well-guarded one. And yeah, Cadel certainly needed to attack, but think of his team - he had none. They weren't there to help him, he had to do the work himself. And he was consistently in the top ten of finishers. And he may have wheelsucked from time to time, but who hasn't? I think Sastre wheelsucked the back of CSC until Alpe D'Huez, where he conveniently had fresh legs to attack like hell and win the thing. Yes, great tactics, but wheelsucking tactics all the same.

Nic, I'd like to go to those Schleck Bruvvies sleepovers too. I wonder if they use sleeping bags or just bunkbeds?

Nic80 said...

They camp out in oxygen tanks, surely???

Nic80 said...

I mean tents, not tanks - lol!

Rose said...

I couldn't imagine the Schlecks camping out at all. They look too delicate!
But you never know. And they'd make it a family affair, so the whole lot of the Schleck Fam would be out in the back garden (or is Luxembourg big enough to have countryside after all?) hunched over the old trangia singing Traditional Luxembourgese Songs and drinking powerade. Doubt they'd eat chocolate to keep themselves awake all night like the true sleepoverer. They might put on weight, god forbid.